Thursday, April 10, 2014

What does she want?

Relationships among women will forever baffle me. It's complexity is knitted  by a web of tangled misunderstandings, miscommunications, mistreatments, jealousies, hurt feelings and the need to feel loved and accepted by other female peers she wants to call. Friends.  So much maintenance has to go into these relationships because if you don't you risk being left out, loosing your place in the friendship or even loosing that friend all together because life wedged itself between you both and now you barely speak or make time for each other and someone is hurt; and a hurt women won't speak to you.

If you ask me: this sounds exhausting!

Trying to please so many personalaties and meet all these needs are just not possible, trust me, I know, I have discovered this the painful way!  I've had friends who have suffered through some rough seasons in life, and not to boast, but I have been there for them and with them through out their journey of pain, holding their hand and praying with them. But, when I fell into some hard times and needed to be given and shown that same compassion and love as I gave them they were gone and not there for me. This caused me lots of confusion and hurt feelings. After a couple of failed relationships and learned how fickle and selfish man can be.

 The constant walking on egg shells just isn't fun and it takes away from the whole point of having a friend in the first place, because a true friend shouldn't be so much work and worry and especially doesn't walk away from you and leaves you to rot when you have made a mistake or have fallen on hard times. It's true when they say, "You know your true friends when life gets rough".  Real friendships are the ones that see you through your pain, help you in your fall, love you in the bad and point you to Jesus.

I  like to think of myself as nice person.  I'm kind and giving, compassionate and aware of others feelings. I'm the friend that will drive to your house or answer your call at 2 in the morning if you needed me. I will take a bullet for a friend and bend over backwards to help someone in need. I will stick by your side till the end AND in the good and in the bad: I'm loyal till death. But, apparently it's not always good enough and you get dumped as a friend anyways.... (wua-wua-wua) .

But, what baffles my mind even more is when another women can't even answer the question herself,

"What does a women want?!"





No comments:

Post a Comment